The Anti-Slip Strips – Fibreglass 100mm x 3620mm are made from 2.5mm Fibreglass strip finished with a 2-part Polyurethane UV & chemical resistant coating.
Please Email us for an immediate quote.
2.5mm thick Fibreglass stripes are manufactured to provide a tough, flexible & abrasion slip resistant finish for internal & external use.
The fibreglass base is constructed with a #36 grade silicon carbide anti-slip granule. 2 coats of a special 2-part Polyurethane coating is then applied over to achieve a hard wearing, UV & chemical resistant anti-slip surface
- Length: Available in 3620mm lengths or cut to required sizes
- Colour: Standard colours of Safety Yellow, Black, White, or Grey.
- Tough, flexible and abrasion resistant
- Unlimited re-coat
- Excellent resistance to atmospheric exposure
- Excellent colour and gloss retention
- Resistant to splash of mineral and vegetable oils, white sprit, paraffins and aliphatic petroleum products
On suitable surfaces the anti-slip strip can be fixed using an adhesive or by drilling and screwing.
We recommend if fixing by drilling & screwing to place a bead of adhesive under the anti-slip strip.
Our Anti-slip tapes comply with the following standards:
- National Construction Code o Section D2.13 o Section D3.3
- Australian/New Zealand Standards AS1428.1 – 2009 Design for access and mobility
- Anti-slip safe to AS/NZS 4586:2004
Further Information on Australian/New Zealand Standards click here
Stairways & Steps:
To comply to the Building Code each step shall have a strip not less than 50mm and not more than 75mm deep across the full width of the path of travel. The strip may be set back a maximum of 15mm from the front of the step. The strip shall have a minimum luminance contrast of 30% to the background.
According to Table 2 AS/NZS 4586:2004 Classification of surface materials the coating with grit finish achieves a classification of a P5 which is equivalent to a very low contribution to the risk of slipping when wet. When tested the product reached a mean BPN>71 and has a slip resistant classification of P5.